Comments

Readers: Please comment on any posts you enjoy as I am interested in your feedback.
Followers: Please re-read the article here as there might be some changes made which do not reflect in your e-mail

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Swim to String

Few thoughts have been a swimming

in my mind for the past year or so

I want to do some swimming

but dreaded COVID has a mind of its own

Now there is surely a lull

and I can't allow these plans to go to null


No! I cannot believe it has happened

one fell swoop and all is lost

This was something unimagined

to COVID I have become an unexpected host

That wish of mine had been barely afloat

but now I have a pain in my throat


Recover I have from that ghastly malaise

weeks of my life lost in inhalation

Realization came to me when I was in a daze

swimming is not practical for a duration

then what do I do to pass my time?

maybe play a guitar string a twang at a time?


I still am sitting by the pool

my hand hits a rhythm as a rule

With no chance of being infected with other's drool

hearing the water lap over the edge acts as fuel

It all has worked for the best, please do note

the previous ordeal is over, and so, now I gloat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully written 😊😊 who was the poor soul who had to leave swimming for covid? Good the guitar did not let her down!😊😊😉

Anonymous said...

Awesome dude, good description of an inflicted malady.

Anonymous said...

Nicely brought out the pain of the dreaded infection.

Anonymous said...

The question is: why is Sid up at 4:31AM? Nice poem. Hope she recovers quickly :)