Comments

Readers: Please comment on any posts you enjoy as I am interested in your feedback.
Followers: Please re-read the article here as there might be some changes made which do not reflect in your e-mail

Monday, April 4, 2022

Over the Net

 My mouth is dry and my lips are parched,

There is some light but it’s close to dark

Towards the end of the court, I march

I turn around when I reach my mark

The wind is out of my control

My only hope is that I will rock and roll

 

Across the court, I see a couple of large figures loom

That is where my opposition lurk

Scheming and plotting my very doom

God I wish I could wipe their smirks

Majestic a threat when the game is singles

Twice over it becomes as we play doubles

 

There is complete silence as I shout the score

So great the tension that has now built

Time to bring my focus to the fore

My hold on the racket resembles a sword hilt

No thought enters of something amiss

Getting this point my only wish

 

I toss the ball up, it begins my final act

My racket goes up, there sounds a twang

As my implement and the ball make contact

All they hear is a big loud bang

They miss the projectile, that's a point I get

A shot so fine, it was decided once the ball went over the net


Note: While I personally do not have this feeling of competitiveness when playing tennis, but it was easy to harness this feeling from my younger days

7 comments:

pen-name said...

Well thought of analogy of life with tennis as the subject

swepaul said...

Really good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ Love the build of suspense ๐Ÿ˜Š

Shr said...

Super cool! I liked it even better when I read it the second time. They all felt so well connected leading to its end๐Ÿ˜Š

Ami said...

Its deep
Quite well related to the emotions of the game

Anonymous said...

C’est tres interesant. C’est magnifique

Anonymous said...

Very Intense….

Anonymous said...

The competitive and suspenseful spirit of the game is so well captured. Love it.